This morning I have settled into La Prima Tazza, a great coffee shop in Lawrence, KS. The past two days I have taken time to read, sketch, reflect, outline, and write on various projects I currently have on my plate. Yesterday I was able to name six ongoing projects currently in the dock:
- Article for a prayer resource due out this fall on the use of social networking tools in the prayer life of a congregation.
- Article raising questions on media and spiritual formation.
- A collaborative book project with Steven Blair on an expression of United Methodist ecclesiology.
- A collaborative book project with Jeff Parker on the flattening effects of web-technologies on the gospel, the church, and ministry.
- A series of four articles for the United Methodist Young Adult Network on Religion and Faith.
- My MA thesis at KU.
The next two weeks I need to be really productive. My work is an extension of my life with God–I believe I have been uniquely equipped and prepared to undertake the work I have been given to do, and consider my time in front of the keyboard an expression of faithfulness to the good news of and about Jesus. I am learning how to be disciplined in my writing life, and I am continuing to learn the craft of word care. As always, I would appreciate the prayers of my friends and family as I undertake these projects.